Kimberley Naturally’s Neil McGilp and Liz Cayzer are pioneers of Kimberley nature tourism. In 1990 they established Kimberley Wilderness Adventures and built it to be one of WA’s best tour operators.
While managing the Jabiru Safari Lodge at Mareeba Wetlands, they developed birding tours and have used that experience to develop a tour that will appeal to all lovers of nature
Breakfast with the Birds
Please contact us for tour enquiries and bookings.
Includes: Savannah breakfast and beverages, binoculars, spotting scopes.
Description: Breakfast with the Birds is an easy-paced, small-group nature experience. Led by Bird enthusiasts, it provides a close-up view of some of Kimberley’s rare and diverse bird species, usually including the elusive Gouldian finch. While not a specialist birding tour, binoculars and spotting scopes ensure you get great views of the birdlife and wildlife.
Guests will be picked up at their Kununurra accommodation at 6am and driven through the Carr Boyd Ranges as we make our way towards Wyndham. Pick-ups and drop-offs are also available at Emma Gorge Resort, El Questro Station. Our first habitats will seek a variety of finches as they come to drink in the early morning cool, including the elusive but exquisitely beautiful Gouldian finch.
Our shaded bush Savannah breakfast site has sweeping vistas of the Cockburn Range and the Bastian as backdrops as we sample fresh Kununurra produce and a range of local delights.
Departing for Marlgu Billabong on the lower Ord River, we view a vast range of water birds and perhaps a crocodile. Departing late morning, the Guide will refresh memories of the species seen before being dropped at your accommodation around 12.30.
What to bring
- Comfortable footwear
- Comfortable bird-friendly clothing that is not too bright and colourful
- Hat and sunscreen
What we provide
- Small-group transport
- Delicious savannah breakfast, juices, local fruits and beverages (dietary requirements available by request on booking)
- Binoculars for individual personal use
- Shared use of spotting scopes for close up viewing and photography
- Bird-enthusiast guides
- Field guides for identification
- Water, repellent and sunscreen if required (best to bring your own if you can)
- Comprehensive East Kimberley Bird list to record personal sightings.
For more information see www.kimberleynaturally.com.au,
or call Neil on 0409 453 386.